The George Washington Council #359 was founded in Morristown, New Jersey on July 7, 1898.
Council #359 is named after George Washington, the first President of the United States of America, who was a member of the Episcopalian faith. Our council is the only to be named after a non-Catholic. Morristown, New Jersey is known as the ‘Military Capital of the Revolution’. General Washington and the Continental Army wintered in Morristown during the winters of the Revolutionary War.
Council 359 is located on The Green, the center of Morristown & the County Seat of Morris County, NJ. recent multi-phase renovationS of the Council Hall restored its original glory after more than a century.
As a division of the national Knights of Columbus organization, local council leaders and member are committed to Charity.
Guided by this principle among others, members of the Knights of Columbus work to overcome the hardships parishioners and community members. As a growing organization with more than 400 members, Council #359 sponsors fundraising events to fuel donations for partnering charities and aid for those in need.