Joining The George Washington Council, Morristown Council 359 of the Knights of Columbus can change your life. As a Knight, you have the opportunity to strengthen your parish, give back to your community, grow in your faith and gain exclusive access to our portfolio of top-quality insurance products to financially protect your family.
See other sections of this website for information on Council 359 charity and service activities and other events.
By joining your local council does not mean that you need to sacrifice quality time with your family. By volunteering an hour here or an hour there – with your family – can make an enormous difference in your life and in the lives of others.
If you’re interested in helping those in need in your parish and community, strengthening your parish and your familial relationships, growing in your faith, and gaining exclusive access to top-quality insurance protection for you and your family, then consider joining the Knights of Columbus council associated with your parish.
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older who are practical (that is, practicing) Catholics in union with the Holy See. This means that an applicant or member accepts the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morals, aspires to live in accord with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and is in good standing in the Catholic Church.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Local Charitable, Service and Social Activites
- Columbia Magazine – Free subscription to the Order’s award-winning magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families.
- Knights of Columbus rosary – Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the Admission Degree to each new member.
- Daily Mass of Remembrance at St. Mary’s Church – Mass for deceased members and their wives at the birthplace of the Order.
- Insurance – Access to a portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care and annuity products exclusive for members and their families. Local Knights of Columbus Field Agent: Phil Tangorra, PGK, email@example.com, (973) 978-5468.
- Family Fraternal Benefit – For eligible families: a) pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) offers guaranteed-issue insurance – up to $5,000 – to any child under age 18.
- Orphan Benefit – $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit – Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost.
- Widow Benefits – a) continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) may purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance or annuities up to one year after insured member’s death; c) receives a free lifetime subscription to Columbia; d) eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
- Scholarships – Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children.
- Leadership Development – Opportunity to build personal leadership skills, public speaking ability, organizational skills, etc.
- Fourth Degree – Eligibility to join the Patriotic Degree.
- Honorary Life Membership – At age 70 with 25 years of membership.
- Membership Card – Entitles participation in all Catholic, fraternal and social activities in member’s council and also in over 15,000 councils throughout the world.
- Activities – participation in a variety of programs and activities conducted by your council.